- 30% discount on the complete AFFR 2020 program (with the exception of opening)
- Free access to AFFR LIVE *
- With your Club Fountainhead membership you support AFFR, the largest film festival about city and architecture in the world.
- You will receive your club pass and the program overview of AFFR 2020 at home.
- If you order after 30 September, you can pick up your pass at the guest desk in LantarenVenster.
The twelfth edition of the Architecture Film Festival Rotterdam continues as usual! AFFR is the first festival in Rotterdam to open its doors again after the lockdown due to the Covid-19 pandemic. We want to do this carefully and deliberately. That means a limited room capacity in LantarenVenster. But also screenings at new locations! Given the limited income, it is not possible for AFFR to give away a free entrance ticket of the opening performance this year.
The festival can also partly be followed online this year. Given the many guests from abroad that AFFR normally welcomes in LantarenVenster and the limited capacity of the rooms, we would still like to offer everyone the opportunity to be (virtually) present at a special selection of films, introductions, interviews and master classes. This exclusive program can be followed live during the festival via our streaming service. Club Fountainhead members watch for free!
The Fountainhead (King Vidor, 1949) is considered by many people to be the ultimate architecture film. Based on the 1943 novel by Ayn Rand, the film features Gary Cooper as Howard Roark, an architect convinced of his own genius. Dominique (Patricia Neal) falls for him and his buildings. The film is often the subject of debate on account of Rand’s crypto-fascist ideas and the phallic symbolism of the imagery. Even so, The Fountainhead is an interesting project because of its starring cast, music, camera work and direction. And because of the universal themes of building and urban development that are still as strong today as they were when the film was made, almost 70 years ago.