FILM • CITY • ARCHITECTURE
In ten editions the Architecture Film Festival Rotterdam has grown to become a leading international platform for films about the city and architecture. AFFR screens outstanding, cinematographic films with a focus on urban life, films that receive little attention through the usual distribution channels.
The core activity of AFFR is organizing an annual film festival. AFFR also aims to broaden and deepen the festival programme with lectures and debates, as well as to expand the public reach of the event. The project-based AFFR organization also works on a number of compact satellite events such as the online cinema PLAYTIME.
The eleventh AFFR takes place on 9-13 October 2019 at LantarenVenster Rotterdam. Some 90 carefully selected films about the city and architecture from all over the world will once again be screened.
JOB OFFER: TEXT AND DEBATE EDITOR
We are looking for a text and debate editor with a keen interest in film, city and architecture to join our team, starting on 1 February 2019.
The AFFR text and debate editor (m/f) will:
- have an extensive knowledge of film, city and architecture
- have a large and up-to-date network in these fields
- have an excellent command of Dutch and a good command of English
- be involved in selecting films and assisting the film editor and curator in writing film descriptions for the website and magazine
- write editorial features and edit submitted articles edit magazine and website content together with the communications officer and film editor
- choose subjects for talk shows, debates and lectures in consultation with film editor and curator
- be editorially responsible for talk shows, debates and lectures during the festival
- send invitations to guests and discuss their contents and conditions
- maintain contact with educational institutions and programme partners
- consult with the production leader about organizational aspects of talk shows, debates and lectures
- ensure the smooth running of talk shows, debates and film lectures
- provide talk show hosts and moderators with relevant information.
Availability: February–May 2019: 8 hours per week. June–October: 12 hours per week.
Interested? Send a letter stating your motivation, along with a CV, before 17 January, to Joep Mol: firstname.lastname@example.org.Share this item