The Architecture Film Festival Rotterdam (AFFR) is a leading film festival that explores the relationship between film, city and architecture by showing films and having a conversation about them. The thirteenth edition of AFFR will take place from 6 to 10 October 2021 in LantarenVenster Rotterdam. The festival shows more than 85 films, shorts, introductions and debates about architecture and the built environment. In 2019 the festival received 7600 visitors.
The Architecture Film Festival Rotterdam foundation is looking for an experienced and passionate Coordinator Volunteers & Service Desk who is responsible for the management of the volunteering team and the coordination of the AFFR Service Desk. Volunteers are an important part of the AFFR organization. Their tasks are: film attendant, staffing the service desk, reception of guests and public guidance.
Tasks & Responsibilities Coordinator:
- Recruitment and selection of volunteers;
- Central contact for volunteers before, during and after the festival;
- Informing of volunteers about planning, tasks and responsibilities;
- Managing and supervising volunteers during the festival;
- Binding volunteers to AFFR; we love to see volunteers come back.
- Planning and determination of functions, dates and times i.a. production leader;
- Updating volunteer registration forms online;
- Recruitment and selection of volunteers from file, website and social media;
- Organizing guest reception in collaboration with editorial board;
- Coordination of volunteer activities at LantarenVenster;
- Development of a volunteer protocol (tasks & responsibilities);
- Organization of a kick-off meeting prior to the festival;
- Receiving, directing and supervising volunteers during the festival;
- Coordination of the service desk;
- Management of the film attendants;
- Evaluation and thank yous after the festival.
Availability: 2 August to 15 October 2021.
Workload: 120 hours of which half the number of hours during the festival.
We are looking for an enthusiastic employee who has a good command of both English and Dutch language and who wants to work for AFFR on the basis of a freelance contract.
Are you interested? Send your CV and motivation before Tuesday 20 July to Joep Mol (director AFFR) via firstname.lastname@example.org.Share this item