The Architecture Film Festival Rotterdam (AFFR) is an annual film festival that screens high-quality films and organizes critical introductions and discussions. With the huge quantity of moving images available, there is an increasing need for selection and interpretation. That is why the critical curatorship of AFFR plays such a vital role. The festival programme focuses on current and complex urban issues. In addition to the annual festival each October, AFFR stages a number of special events during the year, for example during Rotterdam Architecture Month.
As a Junior Marketing & Sales Assistant you will work closely with an enthusiastic team of freelancers. Your immediate colleagues are the marketing strategist, PR & press officer, festival editors and director.
What you do
- Coordinate and organize marketing and sales activities for the festival – e.g. print and online campaigns, city dressing, production of trailers and the leader, marketing events and online marketing and sales activities;
- Coordinate ticket sales and audience research;
- Elaborate, together with the marketing strategist, the marketing & communications plan and translate the goals into feasible measures;
- Support the organization in its external communication.
What you offer
- Energetic, communicative and organizational talent;
- Experience working in the cultural sector is an advantage;
- Knowledge of website management, online marketing, social media and programmes such as MailChimp and ActiveTickets and/or you are prepared to acquire these skills;
- Excellent written and spoken Dutch and English;
- Efficiency in tackling project-based work.
What we offer
- A freelance commission for an average of 1 day a week, for a period of 10 months. The workload is not evenly spread across the year. Peak moments occur in May, September and October (the festival takes place from 4-8 October);
- Appropriate remuneration;
- Flexible working hours;
- An enthusiastic working environment.
Want to learn more or to apply? Send an email to Marieke Berkers, interim director of AFFR, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your CV and cover letter should reach us no later than 24 February 2023. The job interviews take place on 1 and 6 March. The aim is for the successful candidate to start work in mid-March 2023.